Why we support Antonio Sanchez
A product of local schools, Antonio Sanchez has a passion for public education and is running for School Board because he wants more students in the Northeast Valley to get the same opportunity he had. An educator and community organizer, Sanchez attended Pacoima Middle School, San Fernando High, Cal State Northridge and UCLA. His top priorities include reducing high school dropout rates and cutting the Downtown bureaucracy so more money goes to 6th District classrooms.
District 6 Priorities
- Cut bureaucracy and waste downtown and make sure that Valley schools get their fair share of resources.
- Fight to make sure any new tax dollars from Prop 30 are spent as they were promised.
- Improve vocational job training so students have more practical job skills when they graduate.
- Work for more after school programs that prepare youth for jobs and keep them out of trouble.
- A specific plan with new ideas on how to improve local schools, reduce the dropout rate and improve campus safety.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Enter your name and email address to stay informed.